Friday, February 15, 2008

bank fraud and break-in’s...

after spending most of this morning at work talking very sternly to the evil empire that is well fargo (insert vampire fang face), i FINALLY, got my bank fraud issue under some kind of control and pretty muh resolved. alas, while on the phone with the bank, i get a call from brinks home security asking me if i want to dispatch the police to my house because my alarm was going of.

wtf? shit. not again. oh geeze...

this is the 3rd time this has happened. while living in san fan, my house was empty and right after my uncle died last january, someone broke into the house first to scope out what they wanted to take and then a week later, came back ad broke back in, knowing no one was there, and cleaned up.

so after that we got an alarm system.

bleh. it's so…stripping. it can make you feel vulnerable and exposed to know that someone was in your home without your permission. and you don't know who. or if they'll try to come back. or if they're out there watching you and waiting.

booooo.

our neighborhood is slowly being gentrified. its not that the quiet, old community of bear creek anymore. it's now a weird mesh of unfriendly and unspeaking characters mixed in with people like my grandparents that have lived here their whole lives. a community no more. where there was once woods, there is now a pop-up housing community. where the old barbershop used to be, there's a new fancy walking park. and as i look at the most ridiculously gaudy, pre-formed, monstrosity of a house where our old playground use to be, i see 70 year old mrs. oliver sitting on her front porch swinging outside a house that her father built some 100 years ago. even just 5 years ago, i could leave my keys in my car or even not lock my house doors at night without a care in the world...

but now it's security systems and window shatter alarms.

i really don't understand people sometimes and I am sadly beginning to question the goodness in humanity. don't worry, not all of humanity. but definitely some...

peace and blessings / love and light

No comments: