Friday, November 24, 2006
- bringing 50 or so people together for a southern dinner to meet my moms. (i'm still full.)
- 4AM sunrise ceremony with the native americans on alcatraz. (very humbling.)
- serving the homelsess. (gotta give back yo!)
- thanksgiving dinner with my grandma pakistani-style. (mmmmmmm...goood.)
- couch cuddling on a friday night. (ahhhhh...)
thank you and goodnight.
Monday, November 20, 2006
sooo...my mom will be here in app. 9 hrs for the first time since the 2 years i've been here. yeah.
it's kind of bitter sweet. we have this way about us she and i. we're VERY much alike and so we bump heads a lot. A LOT. but, i've come to realize that the things in her that irritate me are often the things in me. big dinner planned. lots of friends and family coming. should be good.
i always exlain her as a perfectly aged version of me.
life is moving along. still temping at delta dental and putting out resumes.
dating the most amazing man, and that's all i will say about that. but i might say it again. amazing man. yeah.
recently realize i can't go home for the holidays. 2nd year in a row. but life and responsibility calls. as i did last year, i'll be with an amazing family watching, laughing and loving. definitely not my family, but a good sustitute indeed. and an honor. so even though i'm bummed, i also know it 's going to be an amazing holiday season yet again...
ok, just a quick random update. i'm off to bed. gotta hit the gym in the AM. hope you have a good night. sweet dreams...